Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

This Week's iBooks Freebie - Claudia Gray!

I do love browsing iBooks! There are, of course, the $4.99 and below bestsellers, but sometimes also free first of a series. And in this case, the first of a series book of the week is A Thousand Pieces Of You by Claudia Gray, who wrote the Evernight series. It looks good, too, with alternative universes and a heroine racing through them to catch up with her father's killer.

I've read and enjoyed a couple of the Evernight novels, which I found entertaining; we have them all in my library. Those are vampire stories with a twist or two. Evernight is a boarding school for vampires who died as teens(one of them has been around since the Dark Ages and never really got the hang of any era after his own) and have to come back to school to update their knowledge of modern culture. Their holiday homework usually involves doing something to practise their new knowledge. There are a few unknowing human students who are strictly off limits - you want a blood meal, you go fang a squirrel or something!

I took a group of girls from my school to see Claudia Gray when she was in Melbourne, doing a free talk at Dymock's Bookshop in the city. It was a Sunday, so I had to send a note to their parents, promising faithfully to look after them. They enjoyed the outing and the talk and I took photos of them with her when she was signing. The first thing she did when she came on stage was ask everyone to look scared so she could post a photo on her Tumblr page. When I checked it out later, there were only two if us in the audience actually doing the scared thing(I was one of them).

Anyway, new book! Free! Presumably this week only, so if you're a fan, now is the time to get it.

2 comments:

Lan said...

I didn't know iBooks did free promotions. That's pretty cool. I hope you enjoy the new book. It seems to be getting a lot of good feedback.

Sue Bursztynski said...

Oh, yes, there are promos like this all the time. It's just that the free or cheap books aren't always of interest to me.