Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Night After Leaving The Doghouse

So, what do you do when your writing commitment is over?

I'm going to read and read and read tonight. I've just started a new iMovie project, putting together my students' book trailers. I really can't put them all up, even if I had their permission, because there is too much need to check out how much material is copyright, although it was all credited. Too much hassle! But I will be burning it all on to DVD for the staff's professional interest, so they can see what Year 8 English students can do when they try, and catalogue it for my library, and I will be showing it to my class before we all go off for holidays.

If any of the authors want to see what 8B has done, I'll be happy to pop a copy in the mail for them. They're not perfect, but they did what I needed - showed they understood the book and that they had got something out of it. Also, they hopefully persuaded the viewer it might be a good book to read.

Here are the books: Pool, by Justin D'Ath,  Dragonkeeper by Carole Wilkinson, Burn Bright by Marianne De Pierres and Once by Morris Gleitzman. A Ghost In My Suitcase was saved as a plain Powerpoint because I couldn't open the original file (pity - they could have changed it to .wmv - if  only I'd known! )However, two other students prepared interview questions for Gabrielle Wang, who has kindly agreed to answer them and offered to publish it on her own web site as well as this one.  Anyway, if any of you guys who wrote these books are reading and are interested in a copy, let me know.

I'm also about to prepare some interview questions for Miffy Farquarson, who has agreed to answer questions about being a CBCA judge.

So, while I won't be blogging every day now, I will be keeping busy.

Today I got such a nice email from Bill Condon, who had been a WIR on Insideadog too, and said how much he had enjoyed my posts. It does feel a little lonely when you blog away and nobody - or, in my case, almost nobody - commented. But it's nice to know.

Late dinner time - I'm off to eat and read.

2 comments:

Lan said...

I think you would have had many more comments if the commenting system on IAD were a bit better structured. I've enjoyed your daily posts immensely. Shame your residence was in the same month as NaNoWriMo because I haven't had time to read every single one. Glad that you had a good time.

Sue Bursztynski said...

I agree about the commenting system. I don't know whether I would have had lots of comments - hey, the system on this blog is fine and I only get the occasional comment here! :-) But it is certainly a complicated system. You have to click on the heading not only to comment, but to even SEE the comments. And there's nothing I could find that told you how to do it. Perhaps it might be a good idea to suggest to the webmaster to fiddle it a bit, even if the comments have to be moderated, as they are on Blogger - I quite understand they don't want some of the weird stuff that can come in.

You can still see the posts, by the way - I'm just not resident any more. So if you have some time, go check them out. ;-)